12.23.2009

Peppermint Meringue Cake With Chocolate Buttercream


We had another fun holiday party to attend this past weekend, and I decided to make a cake I couldn't get out of my head since I first saw it gracing the December 2009 cover of Bon Appetit: peppermint meringue cake with chocolate buttercream.


Layers of light, crisp but chewy peppermint meringue alternate with moist peppermint syrup-soaked chocolate cake and dark chocolate buttercream.


It reminds me of stirring a candy cane into hot chocolate with marshmallows, one of my favorite things during winter and the holidays. And it might just be the best cake I've made all year.


Topped with After Eights, bright red raspberries, and sprigs of green mint, it's incredibly festive and the perfect dessert for any holiday gathering.


You can find the recipe on the Bon Appetit website.


Happy Holidays!