11.11.2010

Guest Post: Cappuccino Toffee Brownie Cookies

I'm away on a cruise right now, and I've asked some of my favorite local bloggers to write guest posts for me. Today, Jen from Beantown Baker is sharing a recipe for some delicious brownie-like cookies. Jen bakes just as much, if not more than, I do. I'm always inspired by her recipes. We met way back at the Eggland's Best event, ran into each other at Myers + Chang, went on an incredible baking trip together, and most recently attended the Pie in the Sky kickoff party together. I hope you enjoy this recipe, and please check out Jen's blog when you have a chance!


Hi Delicious Dishings readers! My name is Jen from Beantown Baker. I am an engineer by day and a baker by night. I live with my Hubby and two cats in a tiny Boston condo. Hubby serves as my official taste tester for all the treats that I make in the kitchen. While I mostly blog about delicious baked goods, you'll also find savory meals, occasional travel or Boston posts, and even giveaways! The number one all time favorite thing I've made since I started blogging would have to be these Oreo Cupcakes. They're awesome. Enough about me, let's get on to these cookies.


When we were on our Boston blogger field trip to King Arthur Flour, I grabbed some cappuccino chips from their store. At the time I had no idea what I would use them for but they were unique enough that I had to have them. Then the other day I was in the mood for a chocolate cookie. I hit up my Google Reader to see what I had starred in there. That's when these cookies popped up. And I figured I'd use my cappuccino chips because they would pair well with toffee and chocolate.


Everyone really liked these cookies. In fact they were more like brownies. That's what Hubby and I ended up calling them. Whatever you call them, they're awesome. If you don't have cappuccino chips, use whatever you have on hand and I promise you'll love them!

Cappuccino Toffee Brownie Cookies - adapted from Megan's Cookin', originally from The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion - makes 3 dozen
Printable Recipe

8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup flour
1 cup toffee bits
1 cup cappuccino chips (or semi-sweet chips)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease (or line with parchment paper) two baking sheets.

In the microwave or in a saucepan over very low heat melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring until smooth. Set the mixture aside to cool to lukewarm.

In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Beat in the melted chocolate, then stir in the flour, toffee bits, and chocolate chips.

Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes or until the tops are cracked and dry, but the cookies are still soft to the touch. Don’t overbake these; they’ll become firm as they cool.

Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a rack to cool completely.