7.22.2012

See You Soon, Elizabeth!


One of my favorite bloggers and favorite people in general has left Boston and moved to New York. You may know her... she's Elizabeth from Free Food Boston.

Elizabeth and I got to know each other through our blogs and met in person at a Whole Foods event back in December of 2010. Since then she's become my partner in dessert-eating crime, the person I can count on to take extra baked goods off my hands when I've gone a little overboard in the kitchen, and someone I just enjoy hanging out with.


While I wish Elizabeth well, I know it's not going to be the same around here without her. She always brought her happy, bubbly personality to any event or occasion. She's the person who always has the scoop on the best doughnut shop in town or what's on the dessert menu wherever we're eating. She's easygoing... and the best vegetarian I've ever met. One of my favorite Elizabeth moments was when we met up in Harvard Square one afternoon and she started telling me about a pulled pork and mango pizza she had tried. And I just looked at her, not comprehending, until she explained she had pulled the pork off the pizza. She's also done this with bacon and duck confit.


I think of Elizabeth as a good friend, a little sister, and a great dining companion. I'm so happy to have met her and to have gotten the chance to spend so much time with her over the past couple of years. I can't wait until she comes back to visit (even though she just left), and I'm looking forward to visiting her in New York some time soon.


It's not goodbye, but I'll definitely miss you, Elizabeth! I wish you all the best!

If you know Elizabeth, feel free to share your favorite Elizabeth memory here.