9.10.2012

Scenes From The New King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vermont

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour recently completed the $10 million expansion of its baking center in Norwich, Vermont. I was nearby Norwich in Quechee for a wedding this past weekend. Once all of the wedding festivities were over, Jeff and I headed home on Sunday by way of Norwich (which is actually in the opposite direction but worth the minor detour). 

For those who don't know, King Arthur Flour is America’s oldest flour company and it's 100% employee owned. The baker's store and education center are a premier baking resource, offering ingredients, mixes, tools, recipes, educational opportunities, and inspiration to bakers worldwide. In addition to the store and education center, the new building also houses a bakery/cafe, which offers all sorts of amazing baked goods, breads, coffee, and sandwiches.

I actually went to King Arthur Flour for some classes back in September 2010. I learned so much there and had an incredibly fun weekend. I was back there again last July, just to stop at the shop and buy some baking supplies. The renovations were well underway at that point. Going back this past weekend, it was amazing to see the transition of the campus. Here are some photos from my recent visit.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vt.

King Arthur Flour is actually hosting a grand opening celebration from September 20 through 23. There will be all sorts of free samples, raffles, and cooking demonstrations all weekend long. Unfortunately I won't have time to get back to Vermont for the party, but if you're in the area or feel like making the trek, I'm sure it will be a good time. Just walking around the store is fun, let alone attending a party there.

I managed to get out of the store with just some mini peanut butter cups, real chocolate sprinkles, coffee mugs, and a few wedding supplies. Usually I do much more damage, but I'm lacking in storage space right now. I know I'll be making the trip back up there when I have my own pantry again. There are just way too many things I want!

Have you been to King Arthur Flour -- before or after the renovations?